Our Financial Planning Process
We use an objective, long-term decision-making approach and help our clients make informed investment decisions. By crafting a plan that addresses an individual's’ whole financial picture, we are able to work as a team and guide our clients through life’s many roller coasters. Our process includes:
- Establish and Define the Client-Planner Relationship - During this stage, we discuss our role and what we will help you with, as well as your responsibilities as our client. We will agree on the decisions to be made and the time frame of your goals. We define the scope of work before commencing.
- Gather Data and Goals - Next, we gather client data and determine your goals and expectations. We will ask about your current financial situation, risk tolerance, and time frame. We gather all relevant documents.
- Analyze Financial Situation - We will analyze your information to assess your current situation and determine what must be done to pursue your goals. Depending on the services requested, this assessment could include analyzing your assets, liabilities and cash flow, current insurance coverage, investments and tax strategies. We determine your strengths, areas of improvement, and vulnerabilities.
- Review Our Recommendations - During this stage, we offer financial planning recommendations that address your goals, based on the information you provided. We will review the recommendations with you to help you make informed decisions. We will listen to your concerns and revise recommendations as appropriate.
- Implement Your Financial Plan - Together we will agree on how recommendations will be carried out. We may carry out the recommendations for you and serve as a "coach, " coordinating the process with other professionals, such as attorneys or CPAs.
- Monitor Plan and Portfolio Progress - We monitor and track your progress with periodic reviews, and help you make adjustments to your financial plan along the way.
We believe, as fee-based planners, that there is great value in addressing your entire financial profile, not merely investment management. Although we specialize in investment management, we believe, as comprehensive planners, that there is great value in addressing your entire financial picture. We add value by focusing on you as an individual, not just your investment accounts.
Comprehensive Financial Planning
A financial roadmap can help you chart a course between where you are today and where you want to be tomorrow. We can assist with:
- Fee-Based Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Retirement Income Planning
- Investment Planning
- Insurance Planning
- Tax Planning
- Estate Planning
While working through the financial planning process, we can help you answer your questions, including:
- When can I retire?
- Can I maintain my lifestyle?
- Are my investments working hard enough?
- Are my investments properly allocated?
- How do I minimize my income tax liability?
- How long will my money last?
- What’s a good approach for college savings?
- What are the elements of a comprehensive estate strategy?
- Do I have enough life insurance for my family?